General Class Information
Quilt Haven has kits available for the class shop sample. You may choose to purchase that kit or select your own fabrics according to the fabric requirements on the pattern or book. Please purchase your supplies at Quilt Haven on Main as it helps cover the instructor fees.
Be prepared for class. Register and pay in advance to secure your spot in the class. Once you have registered and paid for the class, you will be given a Class Supply list of what to bring to class. This may also include some precutting instructions. Purchase and read the pattern or book prior to the class. Arriving 10 minutes early for class allows you time to setup. Instructors and students know sewing machines in working order are your best friend. If you have questions about your machine, please take a few minutes before class to work on it. Bring the sewing machine manual if available.
Class Cancellation Policy
Quilt Haven on Main Class/Events Policies
Thank you for registering for a class sponsored by Quilt Haven on Main. The following information will make you aware of the policies we have in place regarding class fees, supplies, cancellations and Class/Event Etiquette:
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration for the class or event. You are not considered registered until the fee is paid. You may register in person, by mail or by phone.
- The class fee does not include supplies or materials for the class unless noted.
- A class supply list will be provided to you at the time of class enrollment
- All class attendees are asked to gather supplies prior to class to ensure all participants have the full benefit of class time.
- Due to copyright laws, all class attendees must have their own copy of the required book/pattern/magazine/handout for the class/event.; these will be listed on the supply list. Absolutely no photocopies allowed in class and no sharing of patterns or books.
A store credit will be issued for cancellations received 7 days prior to the class or earlier.
- A store credit will be issued for cancellations received within 3 days of the class only if we can fill your spot with another person.
- No credit will be issued for a “no show” in class regardless of reason.
- If you register within 7 days of class the above policies will apply.
- Cancellation policy for “special Event” classes of lectures
- No credit will be issued for cancellations unless we can fill your spot with another person.
- No credit will be issued for “no show” regardless of reason
- Quilt Haven on Main reserves the right to cancel a class or event for any reason. If this happens, you will be refunded your full fee. Quilt Haven on Main’s store return policy applies to the purchase of all class supplies.
- Class attendees are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the class to set up machines, etc., and should come prepared with the necessary supplies.
- Please do not wear perfume or scented products to class due to allergies of others.
- Cell phones should be silenced or set on vibrate. If you need to use your cell phone, please leave the classroom.
- Classes and events are designed for those registered only. Please refrain from bringing children or non-registered guests to classes and events.
- Please remember to clean up your area upon completion of your class/event.
Sewing up in the Loft
We are excited to offer you sewing in the loft again! We can accommodate 1-22 quilters in a group, with 22 being the max total across all groups if more than one. As always, there is no charge during store hours. If you’d like to arrange time outside of store hours, there is a nominal fee of $15/hr for the entire group. Just give us a call to make arrangements. These rules apply to all groups sewing upstairs in the loft.
1. Each person will have 1 table to themselves.
2. You must pre-register. Call us at 320-587-8341 to reserve your day(s). Please call if you need to cancel. Confirm the number in your group one week before your date.
3. Bring your own sewing machine and iron. Ironing boards, rulers, cutters, and mats are provided. We will help you haul your things upstairs.
4. Bring your own disinfecting wipes to wipe down your station after you’re done.
5. Shared meals and snacks are optional.
6. We ask if you are not vaccinated to please wear a mask in the shop.
Give us a call at 320-587-8341 to reserve your spot. We hope to see you soon! Circumstances can change according to recommendations from the CDC and the MN State Department of Health.
We look forward to fun quilting with great friends! Quilt Haven on Main is our “Happy Place”. We love that you have made it yours too!