General Class Information
Quilt Haven has kits available for the class shop sample. You may choose to purchase that kit or select your own fabrics according to the fabric requirements on the pattern or book. Please purchase your supplies at Quilt Haven on Main as it helps cover the instructor fees.
Be prepared for class. Register and pay in advance to secure your spot in the class. Once you have registered and paid for the class, you will be given a Class Supply list of what to bring to class. This may also include some precutting instructions. Purchase and read the pattern or book prior to the class. Arriving 10 minutes early for class allows you time to setup. Instructors and students know sewing machines in working order are your best friend. If you have questions about your machine, please take a few minutes before class to work on it. Bring the sewing machine manual if available.
Classes COVID-19 Policy
We are excited to offer you sewing in the loft again in small groups! There is a limit of 10 to a group. As
always, there is no charge. These rules apply to all groups sewing upstairs in the loft. There’s just a few
- Each person will have 2 tables to themselves.
- You must pre-register. Call us at 320-587-8341 to reserve your day(s). Please call if you need to
- Wear a face mask and social distance at all times.
- Bring all your own equipment including your own cutters, rulers, and irons. Mats are provided at each
- Bring your own disinfecting wipes to wipe down your station after you’re done.
- Bring your own meals and snacks. No common snack table.
Give us a call at 320-587-8341 to register and we hope to see you soon!
Class Cancellation Policy
Quilt Haven on Main Class/Events Policies
Thank you for registering for a class sponsored by Quilt Haven on Main. The following information will make you aware of the policies we have in place regarding class fees, supplies, cancellations and Class/Event Etiquette:
- Class fees must be paid in full at the time of registration for the class or event. You are not considered registered until the fee is paid. You may register in person, by mail or by phone.
- The class fee does not include supplies or materials for the class unless noted.
- A class supply list will be provided to you at the time of class enrollment
- All class attendees are asked to gather supplies prior to class to ensure all participants have the full benefit of class time.
- Due to copyright laws, all class attendees must have their own copy of the required book/pattern/magazine/handout for the class/event.; these will be listed on the supply list. Absolutely no photocopies allowed in class and no sharing of patterns or books.
A store credit will be issued for cancellations received 7 days prior to the class or earlier.
- A store credit will be issued for cancellations received within 3 days of the class only if we can fill your spot with another person.
- No credit will be issued for a “no show” in class regardless of reason.
- If you register within 7 days of class the above policies will apply.
- Cancellation policy for “special Event” classes of lectures
- No credit will be issued for cancellations unless we can fill your spot with another person.
- No credit will be issued for “no show” regardless of reason
- Quilt Haven on Main reserves the right to cancel a class or event for any reason. If this happens, you will be refunded your full fee. Quilt Haven on Main’s store return policy applies to the purchase of all class supplies.
- Class attendees are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the class to set up machines, etc., and should come prepared with the necessary supplies.
- Please do not wear perfume or scented products to class due to allergies of others.
- Cell phones should be silenced or set on vibrate. If you need to use your cell phone, please leave the classroom.
- Classes and events are designed for those registered only. Please refrain from bringing children or non-registered guests to classes and events.
- Please remember to clean up your area upon completion of your class/event.
Laughter in the Loft Sign Up Process for 2019 and Beyond
Since we opened our doors, we’ve been blessed to have Laughter in the Loft be so popular. This is always the first Friday of the month where you can sew anytime from 10 am – 11:30 pm. Many quilters stay overnight at any of the fine local hotels in Hutchinson and make it a 2-day retreat by sewing on Saturday from 10 am – 5 pm as well. We know it has been difficult for many who want to be a part of the fun since it is always booked every month. We’ve also had occasions where last-minute no-show’s created openings that couldn’t be filled. With that in mind, we’re making a few changes in the hopes of making Laughter in the Loft more available to everyone. Here’s what’s new for 2019.
- You may sign up for a maximum of the next 3 months at a time. $12 per month is due at sign up. The fee holds your spot on the list and covers dinner, whether you choose the provided dinner or not. We will send out a reminder email and Facebook post when signups start for the next 3 months.
- You may only sign up yourself. If a group of friends is attending, each person must call us themselves and provide their contact info and payment.
- If you need to cancel, please call at least one week in advance. The refund will be a store gift certificate. If you cancel less than one week prior, you will forfeit the $12 fee. You must cancel yourself, you cannot cancel for someone else. We have allowed this in the past and have had some unfortunate miscommunications. Please do not substitute a friend in your place. We always have a waiting list and we will call the next person.
Signups will start as follows. Our phone is 320-587-8341 or 1-888-843-8215.
Dec. 10, 2018 10 am for Jan/Feb/Mar 2019
Mar. 11, 10 am for Apr/May/Jun
June 10, 10 am for July/Aug/Sept
Sept. 9, 10 am for Oct/Nov/Dec
We know everyone has busy lives, and we hope this new process makes it easier to accommodate those busy schedules while allowing the best access to Laughter in the Loft for everyone. We will also look at additional sewing opportunities throughout the year.
We have several groups and guilds that have come and sewed into the evening on a pre-arranged day or overnight, making a fun mini-retreat. This just costs a very small fee to have a staff person stay with you. We will always try to accommodate these requests because we know it is difficult to get a group into Laughter in the Loft. Consider it your own personal Laughter in the Loft!
We look forward to another year of fun quilting with great friends! Quilt Haven on Main is our “Happy Place”. We love that you have made it yours too!