We are excited to offer you Featherweighter’s a sewing day again! There’s just a few changes:
1. Limit of 10 people.
2. Each person will have 2 tables to themselves.
3. There are two sessions per month, on the 3rd Tuesday and Wednesday of the month
4. You must pre-register for the session you want to attend. Please call if you need to cancel.
5. Wear a face mask and social distance at all times
6. Bring all your own equipment including your own cutters, rulers, and irons. Mats are provided at each table.
7. Bring disinfect wipes and wipe down your station before you leave.
8. Bring your own meals and snacks. No common snack table.
Give us a call at 320-587-8341 to register and we hope to see you soon!
January to September Registration Fee: $10
Quilt Haven on Main Gift Certificates for 1st, 2nd and 3rd Prizes
What is a UFO Challenge?
This event is a great way to get those Un-Finished Objects done once and for all! We’ll help you “Git R Done”!
Here is how the UFO Challenge works:
Fill out and turn in a list of UFO’s numbered 1 through 9 by Friday, December 28, 2020. The form is here. Your UFO does not need to be huge. It could be putting on binding, completing a Block of the Month or adding borders. On the first of each month, a number will be announced. That is the item number on your list that you will complete that month. Bring your finished project in the first 7 days of the following month to get your UFO points. Going away for the winter or live a ways away from Quilt Haven on Main? You can still join! Just mail your check or pay over the phone and either mail or email your list in. Then email us a picture of you and your finished UFO within the first 7 days of each month!
What are UFO Points? And how do you get them?
- Complete your UFO on time and bring it in, or email a picture during the first 7 days of each month. 2 points.
- Purchase new fabric from QHOM (December 1, 2020—September 30, 2021) to finish your UFO. Up to 1 yd = 1 point, 1.1-2 yds-2 points, 2.1-3 yds = 3 points, over 3 yds = 4 points
- Previously purchased QHOM kit or fabric (before December 1, 2020). Must be 50% of your project = 2 points
- Finish a project from a previous class at Quilt Haven on Main = 2 points
You can get as many as 10 UFO points a month. Do this every month and you could have 90 points!
What are the prizes?
Depends on how many people register for the Challenge. Registration is $10 for the year per person. If 20 people join, then the prizes total $200, if 40 people join the prizes will be $400. So tell your friends to join this Challenge! Prizes are gift certificates to Quilt Haven on Main.
1st Prize: Person with the highest UFO points: 50% of the total registration fees
2nd Prize: Person with the 2nd highest UFO points: 30% of the total registration fees
3rd Prize: Person with the 3rd highest UFO points: 20% of the total registration fees
Judges decisions are final. Watch for a special closing ceremony in mid-October! We will be celebrating your 9 finished projects!
Our annual Big Tent Event is on again! Shop hop at DeAnn’s Country Village in Litchfield, Gone to Pieces in Kimball and Quilt Haven on Main in Hutchinson. Pick up a passport at any store. Pick a duck for special prizes. Thank you for supporting your local quilt shops!